When I was pregnant with Little V, all I wanted to do was bake. I guess you could say that was my nesting drug of choice! The summer that I became pregnant, I purchased a bread machine at a local thrift store and used it like crazy making different kids of doughs, breads and baked goods. I really enjoyed it! Since having Little V in December, I guess you could say that my bread machine went into “hibernation” and all of my “Susie Homemaker desires” went out the window.
So…..Fast forward to 7 months later (which would totally be now..) and I am back in the bread making groove! The bread machine is out of hibernation and I want to show the world the recipe I use for this delicious homemade bread machine bread that I love to make!
So, if you have a bread machine, check out the recipe below to make your very own loaf of white bread. You can use this for a basic sandwich bread, a french toast breakfast– or whatever your little heart desires. I have been known to just slather a warm, fresh-out-of-the-bread-machine piece with some real butter and take a big ole bite. YUM!
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Softened Butter or Margarine
- 3 Cups of Bread Flour (Make sure you use BREAD FLOUR. This is important!)
- 3 Tablespoons of Dry Milk (If you don't have this ingredient on hand, it's OK. My bread turned out just fine without it!)
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Salt
- 2 teaspoons of BREAD MACHINE yeast (This is different than the active yeast. Be sure to use this kind in your machine for it to properly rise.)
- Measure all ingredients and put them in your bread machine in the order it's listed.
- On your bread machine settings, select the BASIC or WHITE Cycle with the LIGHT or MEDIUM Crust color.
- Once the bread is complete, take it out of the bread machine pan and cool. Or eat it warm with butter like I do. Yum Yum!
Once last thing– My mom gave me this AWESOME bread keeper that also helps you to slice the perfect sandwich-size piece. Wanna see what this cool contraption can do? Well, then continue scrolling down!
When I am ready to store my bread, I just take these two clear plastic pieces and enclose it around the bread and plastic bread cutter thing. I am really not sure where my mom got this cool contraption, but I bet you Bed Bath and Beyond or Walmart has a similar product. Walmart has pretty much everything, so you can’t go wrong checking with them.
I of course would love to show you more bread machine recipes (yes, you can make more than just bread!), so if you have enjoyed this post and are craving for more, leave me a comment and I’ll be sure to post some more yummy bread machine recipes for you to try too!