Tonight was family night with my girls and wonderful husband, so I wanted to whip up something easy, fun and delicious for all of us. I had the privilege of trying this recipe last week with the in-laws and loved it!
Since the hubby wasn’t present when I first had these, I thought I would treat him to this salty-sweet and creamy bite-sized recipe.
I guess you could call this more of an appetizer, but these were perfect as a side as well.
So, here’s the recipe and a nice big picture to drool over. Yum.
- 1 lb Bag Mini Sweet Peppers, cleaned and halved
- 1 8 oz Block Cream Cheese
- 1-2 lbs Bacon (I used 1 lb in my recipe and cut the slices in half, but the peppers needed more bacon in my opinion)
- Once your peppers are halved and the seeds cleaned out, take the cream cheese and smear it into the center of the halved pepper. Wrap each pepper half with bacon, insert tooth pick in each pepper to keep bacon in tact.
- Place peppers on a rack set on a cookie sheet to allow the grease to drip away from the peppers (optional.)
- Broil at 500 degrees until bacon is crispy and peppers are nice and soft.