I heart you.
You make my life complete with your buttery goodness.
You can be pretty much any kind and I will like you.
So, when I found a recipe for mocha cookies, I just had to make you.
With a little twist of course!
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you……………………..
Here’s a napkin for your chin to wipe the drool.
So, my mom bought me an electric cookie press and in it was a book of recipes. One of the recipes in the book was for mocha sugar cookies. I just had to make them and put my little twist on the recipe, so I made mocha LATTE sugar cookies.
Let me share with you the recipe.
But before I do, prepare to be amazed, because once you try these, you will want to eat the whole entire batch in one afternoon. Trust me. I almost know from experience (whoops!).
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs instant mocha latte espresso powder (I used International Delight)
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1&1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Sticks (3/4 lb) butter, cubed at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk together the mocha latte powder, milk and vanilla in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in a separate mixing bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium or large bowl with mixer.
- Mix in egg and egg yolk, one at a time.
- Add the bowl of combined latte/milk mixture, mix completely.
- Lastly, add the dry flour/cocoa ingredients and combine.
- Drop onto baking sheet in small balls, 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges and dough has set.
- The dough will be thin, so if you like soft cookies, be sure to under cook the dough just a little.